N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
I am interesting in buying a Dell XPS 18, but upon communicating with the Dell Support helpline and reading the specs, I found that it has only 4 GB RAM. Is there any chance for Dell XPS 18 RAM upgrade? Has anyone tried it till now?
Dell XPS 18 RAM upgrade specifications
Yes, you can upgrade the RAM of Dell XPS 18 laptop. It is not open to all since its upgradation is a little tricky. You can have it if you are good in the hardware replacement process. Here’s how you can achieve it:
• Remove the screws from the back cover using a screwdriver.
• Open the feet and remove the back cover.
• Unplug the screen and motherboard cables.
• Remove the memory by separating the clips, and then install the new one.
• Assemble the parts in the reverse order.