N/APosted on - 06/30/2014
Why can't I connect to WIFI using my Android phone? I already turned on the WIFI under settings and selected an open network. It does not ask for a security key and it allowed me to connect right away. The status says I'm connected, however, I am still not able to browse the internet using different browsers.
Connected in wireless but cannot browse online on my Android smartphone
That Open network it's connected is yours? If not, there might be issue with that open network. Have you tried connecting to different other networks? do you have a WiFi of your own? Did you check with other mobile on same network?
Now If only your mobile is not able to browse the internet, You can try following.
1. Try rebooting your phone, remove battery for 30 seconds and insert again, then try to connect.
2. Remove the WiFi name from the list added, try adding it again.
3. Check for WiFi sleep policy. Go to Wireless and Networks->WiFi setting->click on menu and then select advanced
4. Disable mobile data and any antivirus if you have installed.
5. Assign static IP address.