Command line for conversion of dvr to avi in Linux
You can convert DVR to avi in Linux by graphical way and command line interface try one of them.
1. Download you package from link (Ubuntu, Debian, Mandriva).
2. Install in your operating system, and open package.
3. Just insert your source and destination files and start conversion.
Command line conversion
Kindly note that FF mpeg comes pre-installed on many Linux distributions and can be easily setup if not. FFmpeg can convert between almost any video formats you wish.
- Open your Linux Terminal emulator. Access to this differs depending on your Linux distribution, so check your distribution's documentation if you are unsure.
- Type "ffmpeg -i /Downloads/file.dvr-ms -vcodec copy -acodec copy Desktop/newfile.xyz" (without quotation marks).
- Replace "Downloads/file" with the location and file name of your DVR-MS file you need to convert.
- Replace "Desktop/newfile" with the designated location and file name of your converted file. Replace "XYZ" with the file format that you want to convert your video to.
- Press "Enter" to begin the conversion. DVR-MS are high-quality video files; therefore, depending on the video length and your system specifications, the conversion could several hours to perform.