HyperText Markup Language or HTML editors are used to make websites for organizations or companies. HTML editors are essential for the making of impressive websites. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best HTML editors for mac.
1. AtomAtom is a freeware HTML editor developed by GitHub. The features provided are cross-platform editing, built-in package manager, smart autocompletion, file system browser, multiple panes, multilingual, multiple device support, find & replace, packages, themes, customization, under the hood, open-source, and integration with GitHub & other popular platforms.
2. SublimeSublime is a cross-platform editor developed by Sublime HQ in 2008. The benefits offered are multiple selections, goto anything & definition, command palette, powerful API, package ecosystem, split editing, customization, instant project switch, and performance enhancement. A premium version of the editor with updates for over three years also exists.
3. Visual Studio CodeVisual Studio Code is an editor developed by Microsoft Corporation. The features provided are syntax highlighting, bracket-matching, auto-indentation, box-selection, snippets, intuitive keyboard shortcuts, customization, community-contributed keyboard shortcut mapping, extensible architecture, setting sync, command-line, refactoring, debugging, version control, integrated terminal, tasks, and multi-root workspaces.
4. BracketsBrackets is a source code editor developed by Adobe Systems. The benefits offered are inline editors, live preview, preprocessor support, quick edit & docs, JSLint, extensibility, open-source, split view, multilingual, autocompletion, syntax highlighting, find & replace, code folding, cross-platform support, and selection methods.
5. CotEditor 2.0CotEditor 2.0 is an editor for macOS developed by CotEditor Project. The features provided are rapid launch, open-source, syntax highlighting, split editor, find & replace, character inspector, setting via click, scriptable, auto backup, incompatible characters, outline menu, CJK language friendly, multilingual, command-line, debugging, and customer support.
6. Komodo EditKomodo Edit is freeware developed by ActiveState in 2007. The benefits offered are multi-language editor, auto-complete & calls tips, multiple selections, toolbox, projects & places manager, skins & icon sets, minimap, track changes, commando, integrations, unit testing, print debugging, live previewing, project wizard, dependency detector, universal package manager, clipboard manager, slack sharing, tutorials, chrome debugging, run the in-line tool, docker integration, custom workspaces, code refactoring, and shell scope.
7. NetBeansNetBeans is an editor developed by Oracle Corporation. The features provided are freeware, open-source, powerful tools, cross-platform, rich set of community provided plugins, project management, rapid user interface development, bug-free code, supports latest Java Technologies, and smart editing.
Amaya is a web editor developed by World Wide Web Consortium. The benefits offered are socket buffer size, https protocol support, automatic opening of the structure view for template instances, tool panels, implementation of linear gradients, copy/paste of markers, publishing, code clean-up command, text wrapping, direct resizing of images, and template editing.
TinyMCE is an online text-editor developed by Tiny Technologies Inc. The features provided are 50+ plugins, premium support, custom skins, full API access, customization, powerpaste, spell checker pro, image upload, accessibility checker, link checker, advanced code editor, enhanced media embed, comments, format painter, permanent pen, page embed, checklist, case change, premium skins & icons, and advanced tables.
10. CKEditorCKEditor is a text editor developed by CKSource. The benefits offered are autocompletion, full control over content, great accessibility, long-term support, responsive images, custom output format, extensible & customizable, collaboration, image upload, export, suggestions, top-notch security, file & folder management, and multiple storage options.