SCCM with R2 Installation
Now that we have configured all the required settings for SCCM, we will now install the SCCM setup.
1. Go to SCCM installer file and click the installer setup
Once the installer dialog pop-up, select Run prerequisite checker. This is to check whether we have the entire configuration in place before running SCCM.
2. Enter the primary site and management point server name and click ok
3. If the entire configurations are done then the prerequisite checker will display warning or all clear result. Click Ok.
4. Then go back to main installation window and select Configuration Manager 2007.
5. Click next on the welcome installation page
6. Select the first option Install a Configuration Manager site server and click next
7. Select I accept the license agreement and click next
8. Select custom settings and click next
9. Select Primary Site and click next
10. Select I don’t want to participate right now and select next
11. Enter the product key and click next
12. Select the installation location and click next
13. Enter the site code name and description and click next
Note: Site code is 3 characters long so please provide a valid site code name that can be understandable while designing SCCM sites.
14. Select the type of mode and click next
Note: Mixed mode is used to support SMS 2003 clients.
15. Select types of client agent that need to enable with default settings.
16. Provide a SQL server instance name and SQL database name that will get created.
17. select the provider name and click next
18. Select install a management server and provide a name.
19. Select http setting port 80 and click next
20. Select Check for update and download newer versions and click next.
Note: You need to provide a path where setup can download and stores the downloaded files.
21. Provide a path for download location and click next
22. Setup will then start downloading components
23. Once download complete click ok to continue
24. On setting summary page review your configuration and click next
25. Setup will then run a pre-requisite check. Click Begin install to start installation
26. Setup will then start installing each component. The process will take some time to complete.
27. Once installation complete click next to continue
28. Click on view log to check the installation log file
29. The log will have all the details of the installation and configuration of SCCM.
30. Click finish to complete the installation
31. We have now the SCCM shortcuts links are created.
32. We can also verify the SCCM container is now get created in AD.
Go to Active Directory Users and Computers -> Expand the DC -> Select System -> Select System Management. The object is now created there.
33. Open Start menu -> Programs -> Microsoft System CenterConfiguration Manager 2007 -> ConfigMgr Console
If SCCM is up and running the SCCM admin console will pop-up.
34. The next step is to upgrade the SCCM to SP2.
Download the SP2 setup from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23152
Start the SP2 setup
35. Select the second option ‘upgrade an existing configuration manager or SMS 2003 installation’ and click next
36. Select I agree the license agreement and click next
37. Select I don’t want to participate and click next
38. Select check for updates and download newer version files option on next page and click next to continue
39. Windows will then start downloading the pre-requisite files
40. Once download completes click ok to continue
41. Setup will then run pre-requisite check. You may see warning message but that can be skip. Click Begin install to continue
42. The R2 installation will then start. The process will take some time to complete.
43. Once the installation complete, click next to continue
44. Click on view log to check installation log file
45. Click Finish to complete the SCCM R2 installation.
46. Verify that SCCM has R2 installed.
Open configuration manager console -> Site database -> Site management
The primary site will be listed here with the build version 4.00.6487.2000 with build number 6487.