Cloud computing is nothing but a practice of using the network of the remote servers on the internet to manage, store and process the data, instead of a local or a personal server. Cloud computing makes work a lot easier. Just in case you are running a huge corporation and it is your responsibility to make systems available for all your employees that they require to work. Merely buying computers is not enough; you also need to purchase software for each computer in order to make them work accurately. Moreover software is just not enough, you need to have the basic tools which for the employees to work on. This shall mean that whenever you have a new employee, you might have to buy more computers and also the same number of software would also be required. But then thanks to the cloud computing. The cloud computing allows the worker to log into a web based service which in a way hosts all the programs that a user would need for his/her work. From word processing to complex data analysis, cloud computing does it all. It can undoubtedly change the entire computer industry.
There is a lot of work that cloud computing does for the users. A lot of workload is significantly shifted from the computers. Local computers, after the introduction of cloud computing have shifted the heavy load when it comes to running the application. The network of computers which is made up is completely handled by the cloud instead. It is when the hardware and software demand from the side of the user is decreased, now the only thing that is required is that the computer should be able to run using the computing systems interface software, which is as simple as a Web Browser the rest is taken care by the cloud’s network.
It is likely that most of us are already well-versed with cloud computing. In case one has an e-mail account with the web based service of an e-mail, like that of Hotmail, yahoomail, Gmail etc. this means you have already had an experience with the cloud computing. Instead of running an email account, you can log into a web based email with the assistance of cloud computing. In such a case, the software and the storage of your account do not exist on your computer but instead on the computer cloud of the service.
We all now know that as to how cloud computing works but then whether it is safe to use or not is all at our discretion. We should probably now look into the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing.
ADVANTAGES OF CLOUD COMPUTING:
- It allows you to focus more on to t business and not just management of the data :
As we already know that a business’ core concern is maintaining the data centers, which helps in maintaining the business contacts. The cloud computing allows the IT to focus on the development of the application and the work of managing the data centers is done by cloud computing.
- Faster development of other applications; The computing helps in the processing and generation of new applications in a faster manner. Cloud computing has this benefit of developing a new application quicker and with more efficiency that it has ever happened in the past.
- Cloud computing is scalable; one can very quickly build out a new infrastructure in order to support new applications. The load on the application grows horizontally by the provisions of new servers.
- Financially cloud computing is very sensible; cloud computing is financially a very good applications and efficient too. There are a lots of overhead charges that are saved by this process of cloud computing. In a way, there is limited outflow of cash and obviously more inflow.
DISADVANTAGES OF CLOUD COMPUTING:
Now, since there are advantages of cloud computing, it is bound to have disadvantages too. Following are the disadvantages:
- Performance on shared infrastructure can prove to be very inconsistent.
- Many people believe that cloud computing is not secure just because there are many applications prepared over the internet, there are chances of invasion of various viruses. This can make your computers almost handicapped. Moreover, the data which is already present can be disrupted. Thus, cloud computing might not always be a safe database to be used.
- Not fit for all the workload. Many say that the cloud computing might not prove to be safe and fit for every kind of workload. There are certain workloads that are performance specific and require security which is specific in nature and might need specific provisions. Therefore, it is your duty to determine whether cloud computing is actually good or appropriate for your requirements or not.