N/APosted on - 12/08/2013
I have this Toshiba satellite P70 laptop which is running on Ubuntu 13.10, it was working well with my wireless mouse but it doesn't detect my wireless mouse anymore, I have reinstalled the OS again and nothing is happening, I have tested the mouse on another computer and it works perfectly, I have checked my devices and everything is okay, what could be the problem? Other wireless devices are working okay.
Wireless mouse not being detected
The wireless mouse is not detected because the system settings are incorrect.
There are several solutions to solve this problem.
Solution 1: Using the commands
1) Use the powered USB hub as hard drive requires more power then USB
2) Unplug the mouse, run tail '-f/var/log/syslog' and plug the mouse
3) Run the 'lsusb' and see if the devices are listed
4) Select the device and make it to working state
Solution 2: The system is frozen
1) Check that the system is not frozen by pressing the num key
2) The num lock indicator will turn on or off
3) If the indicator does not change, the system is frozen
4) Reboot the system and the problem is solved