N/APosted on - 03/31/2015
This problem occurred in my PC couple of weeks ago. When I start my computer then the icon of wireless shows fine but when I load any page on any browser including Internet Explorer then the page wont load. It says unable to connect to the internet. I have tried connecting to the internet from Ethernet cable also but this did not help. I even tried reseting my wirelesss and formatting my computer but of no use.
Wireless connectivity issues on Windows 8.1
Well formatting or installing a new and fresh operating system eliminates all other options to resolve your issue. A fresh installed system should at least make your browsers work but it did not happen. Try to follow the steps below and make your browsers work again.
Let’s set Google Chrome as our main browser.
1. Open the settings by click the 3 horizontal-parallel lines just below the “X” button in your Chrome.
2. Select “Settings” and click “Show advance settings” link. Click “Clear browsing data.”
3. Go to your Control Panel, go to Internet Options. Go to privacy and move down the throttle to “Accept All Cookies.”
4. Click “Apply” button to make changes. Re-launch Chrome.
5. If this doesn’t work please update the LAN card and Wi-Fi driver and software.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Right click in My Computer/Computer, select Manage.
8. Go to Device Manager.
9. Right click on any internet adapters that you are using and select “Disable.”
10. After few seconds, “Enable” the device and check if the internet will work.