N/APosted on - 01/21/2012
Good day! I have installed ESET Nod32 5.0 on my PC recently. I started having problems with booting my computer after that. When I restarted my computer after installation, Windows doesn’t load up. It only shows a black page where I can move the cursor around but without any icons on the desktop. I am in the middle of rushing my work-related requirements and I urgently need your help.
Thank you so much!
Windows does not load up: Shows blank page
The first thing I could help is to know what version of Windows OS your computer has. Is it 2000, XP, vista or 7?
Well, the second thing is you must do the System Restore.
But as you said that you couldn't access your desktop icons and the other menus, reboot your system and start it up in "Safe Mode".
To access the "Safe Mode" in Windows:
1. Before the System will load the OS, or in loading state of windows, press F8 to access the Advance Boot Options Menu.
2. At the Advance Boot Option Menu, select "Safe Mode" option to start it up. Don't forget to login as Administrator.
3. As you can see some Safe Mode phrases in each corner of your desktop, it means it loaded to "safe mode". And your PC is in basic settings (it looks like windows 2000 desktop).
4. You can now access the "System Restore" via Start menu then All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – System Restore.
5. By selecting the option "Restore my computer to an earlier time", it means that the system will load-up the last good performance of the computer. Or the computer will go back to the state where it is in good condition. It also means that it will go back to the state that you haven't put any settings or applications that causes the earlier errors or bugs.
6. You still have the other option to do. In safe mode of the PC, you can uninstall the application you put which you think the cause of the said problem. To uninstall the program, just go to the Control Panel and select "Install/Remove a Program" and in there; select a program you need to remove.
Hope it gives you the right solution for your problem. Have a nice day.