N/APosted on - 07/17/2013
When TurboLaw is checking for updates (either via the automatic check which occurs every time the program is opened) or when you check for updates manually, an "unexpected error" may appear, as shown below. Need your help.
Error: Unexpected Error An unexpected error has occurred. Click "Try to Continue" if you want to try to continue, otherwise click "Exit Program" to close this program.
“Unexpected Error” when TurboLaw is checking for updates
The error is because the .Net Framework 2.0 is running Remoting application.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
1) Download the Hotfix software from the Official Microsoft website.
2) Install the software by following the setup wizard
3) Hotfix will resolve the error related to .Net framework 2.0 remote application
4) After the error is solved uninstall the Hotfix software by following the steps below:
a) Click 'Start', Click 'Run', type 'appwiz.cpl', Click 'OK'
b) Click and select 'Show Updates' check box
c) Go to 'Currently Installed Programs' list, Select the Hotfix you want to uninstall, Click 'Remove'
5) Restart the system after the process is completed