N/APosted on - 11/16/2012
My Toshiba laptop cannot hibernate since the spooler is still running. What other work down can I employ other than shutting down the print spooler? I do not know what to do.
Thanks for your help.
Unable to Hibernate Toshiba Laptop while Spooler is Running
Good day! As you may know you can try force closing it by using the task manager or by unplugging the socket of your printer. After unplugging, please restart your computer, the queue shall now disappear and you can now turn your laptop off.
If the first one didn't work, you may delete all printing queues using the command prompt.
To do this:
1. Open the command prompt by clicking Start>Run> type "cmd" and press enter
2. Type in "net stop spooler" then press enter
3. Exit and open the command prompt again.
4. Type "%SYSTEMROOT%system32spoolprinters"
5. There should be a folder that opens. Delete everything.
6. Exit and open the command prompt again for the last time.
7. Type "net start spooler" then presses enter.
You can now turn off your laptop.
Hope this helped you.