N/APosted on - 04/13/2014
I got an error on opening Twitter with Chrome. It seems like an issue with the certificate. Because of this, I was unable to launch Twitter for almost three days now. The error is stating:
SSL Error: Cannot connect to the real twitter.com. Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to twitter.com.
Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.
If you were to visit twitter.com right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real twitter.com.
What can I do to resolve this bug?
SSL Error on opening the real Twitter page in Chrome
I think, this issue started when the Heartbleed Bug issue started. And Google maybe disabled some functions after the aftermath of Heartbleed. Try to do the following resolutions below:
1. Check if you have recently made some changes in the Clock settings on your computer. Reset the time and date correctly.
2. Your antivirus software might be interfering. Untick the SSL/ web scanning option from there and try to launch Twitter again.
3. Right-click the desktop shortcut of your Google Chrome and then choose Properties. Alter the target from C:Program FilesGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe to C:Program FilesGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe -ignore-certificate-errors.
4. Another trick is to override Google. Just type Proceed from your keyboard when you encounter the error. Just type anywhere and Google will load Twitter.
5. Clear your cache in Google Chrome.
6. If you are running Windows XP PC, update to Service Pack 3.
7. Go to Control Panel and then click on Internet Options. Choose the Security Tab and choose Trusted Sites. Type the twitter website under the sites button then click Add. Close it and try to launch Twitter again.
8. You can also send ticket to Twitter Support and report the issue you are encountering.