N/APosted on - 12/08/2013
I have recently acquired Dell Latitude E6400, all was well but the other day my laptop speaker output was barely audible, system volume is 100%, the multimedia application (VLC player) volume is 200% and what I can hear is a low unclear sound, what could be the problem and how can I fix it?
Speakers on my laptop have low unclear sound
The steps to fix the speaker problem are as mentioned below:
1) Click 'Start', select 'Control Panel', select 'Hardware and sound', click 'Device Manager'
2) Click 'speaker' from the playback tab, click 'properties'
3) Check the levels to make sure that the speakers are not muted
4) Click 'Enhancements' tab, click 'Disable all sound effects', click 'Apply'
5) Click 'Advanced' tab, select the 'Default Format' from the drop down list
6) Click 'Test' to check the sound quality
7) Click 'Custom Test', check that the sound is at proper level
8) Restart the system after the changes are applied