N/APosted on - 10/24/2013
Hello Techyv Users,
Suggest me the best software that can be used for compiling and editing shell script on Windows. I would like to have an editor with tools that will make Shell Script programming easier. Right now I am using EditRocket, so please suggest me a better software.
Software for editing shell script on Windows
Compiling and Editing Shell script on windows requires an IDE to imitate as Linux. Or else you can move on to software like Edit Rocket to edit the Shell script. Other Software for editing Shell scripts are as follows:
1. Ideone – It is perfect to edit as well as run Shell scripts. There is no need to download any software. It is an online tool, where you can select Bash script out of many languages that ideone provides.
2. UltraEdit – The software allows you to edit Unix scripts with added editing features like syntax highlighting, code-folding, and others. The software is recommended by CNET for its ease to use and packed with powerful editing features.
3. TCC/LE– This is the superset of the original windows command line. You can edit shell scripts without the need for Virtual Linux IDE installed. You can easily access it through windows.
4. UnxUtils– This tool uses the windows GNU utilities to Windows, without depending on any emulation layer like that of Cygwin.
5. Notepad ++– This tool is written in C++ and based on Win 32 API. It is a portable editing software.