N/APosted on - 02/07/2013
Yesterday I got an email about a problem faced related to SQL Server Cluster configuration. That problem I have been into no. of time. I have frequently asked this in the past. The issue is that while installing SQL validation of environment, warning messages will pop up by saying “Network Binding Order” is having some problem. Attached is the snapshot of that message
Rule “Network binding order” generated a warning.
The domain network is not the first bound network. This will cause domain operations to run slowly and can cause timeouts that result in failures. Use the Windows network advanced configuration to change the binding order.
Network Binding Order Warning during SQL Server Failover Cluster Setup
Normally users encounter Network binding order warning while installing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 in a failover cluster.
It could occur when you have a disabled network adaptor on the computer or a ghosted network adaptor (i.e when network adaptor is hidden in device manage). In this case the resolution is to remove disabled or ghosted network adapter. To remove these follow these steps:-
1. Type these commands in command prompt
2. Expand Network adaptors in Device Manager
3. Compare the network adaptors in Network Connections to the list of network adapters in Device Manager. Network adaptors which are not present in Network Connections but are listed in Device Manager are ghosted network adaptors. Remove them in device manager, if any
4. If any network adaptor is disabled, then enable it
5. Start SQL Server setup and after completion you can disable any unwanted network adaptors from Network Connections