The NCIS error could be cause by Windows Installer Service not functioning or possible problem with the system and lastly possible virus issue. To try to fix the issue you can perform the below steps:
Step 1: Check if Windows Installer Service is starting
1. Press Windows Key and R, then type services.msc then hit enter
2. Go to services tab, then search for the service Windows Installer Service
3. Right click on Windows Installer Service, then click Start
4. Click Apply then ok.
Step 2: Perform SFC Scannow (System File Check)
1. Press Windows Key and Q to open the Charms Bar.
2. Type CMD
3. On the left pane, right click on CMD and then choose Run as Administrator
4. Type sfc/scannow, then hit enter and wait at it to finish.
If all the above step doesn't fix the issue performs a scan on your computer for possible virus and malwares.