N/APosted on - 03/30/2015
Hello, I use two monitors for work, and recently, I replaced the video card and now, one of my monitors is not functioning properly. One monitor is fine, the other is not displaying correctly. Is my only option to go back to the old video card, or is there something else I can do? Do I need to replace the monitor? Thank you.
Multiple monitor use and new video card
I am sorry to hear that you’re having resolution issues with your secondary monitor. You can follow the best options below to optimize your display monitor. Replacing or buying new video card is our last resort.
1. Go to “Start” button and then click “Control Panel.”2. Select “Appearance and Themes,” and then click “Display.”
3. In your Settings tab, click “Identify” to display a large number on each of your monitors. This shows which monitor corresponds with each icon.
4. Select the monitor icons and drag them to positions that represent how you want to move items from one monitor to another, and then click “OK” button or “Apply” button to view changes.
You can also try these steps to optimize your display screens.
1. Right-click anywhere in your desktop and select “Screen Resolution.”
2. Set Screen 1 to have your taskbar, menu, etc.
3. Select the best resolution for your monitors by adjusting the “Resolution Level” by moving the throttle up and down.
4. “Multiple Display” value must be set to “Extend Desktop to the Display.”
5. The “Orientation” must be set to “Landscape.”
6. Click “Apply” button and check for changes.