N/APosted on - 09/24/2012
I tried to upgrade my iPod Touch with iOS 5, but I get these unknown errors with code that read 3002.
What else is supposed to be done to have this fixed?
The iPad ‘iPad’ could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3002)
IPod Touch: iOS 5; unknown error code 3002
Good Day Jay!
Here's how you can solve that problem:
1. First of all, try Updating your Itunes to the latest Itunes version. I think the latest version is iTunes 10.6.3.
2. Then Download iOS 5 or whatever iOS you wish to update to. I suggest downloading it from (http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/) or a simple google would easily show you a lot of alternatives. I also suggest you save it on your desktop and not elsewhere, so you can easily access it later during the update/restore process.
3. Connect your iDevice.
4. Update your iPod using the shift + restore method and not the Update Method (This is simply done by holding on shift plus a left click on the restore button of the itunes).
5. Search for your downloaded iOS then update.
6. Done!! Hope you Enjoy your new iOS.