N/APosted on - 10/26/2012
The time I click on the “Check for Update” button in iTunes, I face an error message which directs me to connect with the Internet via an Ethernet Cable. Though I feel no issues connecting to the iTunes store in iTunes so there is no doubt I have got issues with the internet access but still it says try again later though I tried again and again for ages but nothing happened well.
I’m puzzle whether the Apple or iTunes has fault with?
IPhone Software Update Error – iTunes
I have read your question and I can see that you can’t run the update on ITunes, but it is very important to know exactly the error message that you are facing.
Something very important you need to do before checking anything else, connect your IPhone into your Mac or windows PC on your iTunes software (if you don’t have the software you can download it from apple.com) on iTunes software click on help then run diagnostics, select the test you would like to run and then click next, if there is any problem ITunes will detect it and tell you.
If the diagnostics tells you everything is okay and you are able to use the internet normally then the problem must be in the ITunes software itself or your internet configuration that is blocking iTunes software.
So if you can access the ITunes store then you must check your internet configuration:
1. If you are using an antivirus program that contains a firewall open it and click on advanced settings, then check if ITunes software is being blocked or not.
2. If your windows firewall is enabled check also if iTunes software is blocked by opening the control panel/ then system and security/then windows firewall/ then advanced settings/ and check in inbound or outbound rules/ if the ITunes applications is blocked.
3. If ITunes software is not blocked on your windows firewall or anti-virus program firewall, then make sure that you are having the latest ITunes software.
4. Also check on your iPhone if there is any firewall that is blocking ITunes from accessing the internet.
5. Now restart your device and try to run updates again, but if you are still unable to do that, then Kindly provide us on with your iPhone version and the exact error message you are getting so we can fix this problem for you.