N/APosted on - 11/18/2013
Today I started receiving this error when trying to start IIS on my workstation. It’s being annoying to me as I can’t fix it as I want. I need an expert’s advice to fix this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800070020)
Internet Information Service Manager error
This error occurs due to another program currently using port 80 or 443. Such means that you will need to figure out which program it is and shut it down in order to use ISS.
The appropriate action would be to run command prompt. Here’s how to solve it in Windows:
1. Go to ‘Run’ option in Windows.
2 . Type cmd.
3. A window will open (command prompt).
4. Type netstat –aon | find “:80”
5. Type netstat –aon | find “:443”
6. You should get back something like: TCP 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ESTABLISHED 1453
7 . N ow open Task Manager and you can find out which process is using the above PID (last number shown.)
8. Close down the application with the same PID number.
9. ISS should now be able to open.