N/APosted on - 05/30/2012
I keep losing my tab settings on IE9. When I open up the browser it goes to a blank page even though I set it to go to cnet.com.
I close the browser after adjusting the settings, but then it goes to a blank page again!
What do I do to fix this?
Internet Explorer 9 – constant Tab Settings reset
You mean you set your home page to cnet.com and when you open a new tab which is supposed to be at cnet.com, goes blank instead?
Remember that when you open a new tab, it will always depend on what is the first homepage that you have selected.
1. Make sure that all windows applications, programs, ie windows open are closed.
2. On your desktop, click on Control Panel [Please refer to the image below]
3. Then in Control Panel > Select Network and Internet > Internet Options
4. Under General> Click Settings to the right of Tabs [Please refer to the image below]
5. A new dialogue box for Tabbed Browsing Settings will pop up.
Here are the two things you may do : [Please refer to the image below]
[Either put a check mark on the box for "Open only the first home page…" or select your home page on the drop down when a new tab is open:]
Re-open internet explorer and you should be able to see cnet.com as the page instead of a blank page.
Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to post any questions in addition tois thread.