N/APosted on - 03/13/2015
Hello! It is taking forever to update my Xbox one with a simple 256 Mb update. I understand you can install games offline to make the install quicker, but can you do the same with the updates that happen regularly? I cannot believe how long it takes to do an update and would like to know if there is an alternate method. Many thanks!
Internet always necessary for Xbox Updates?
Solution 1: Check your internet speed
1. Go to Menu and select settings
2. Select Network and then select Bandwidth usage
3. Check your current usage
It tells current network speed. If this speed is lesser than 3KB per second, it will take longer time. So you need to work on your network.
Solution 2: Restart your console
1. Go to Menu and select Settings.
2. Select Power & startup, and then select Restart now.
3. On the ‘Restart your console’ screen, select Yes.
It will pause all existing downloads and resume all once it is restarted.