N/APosted on - 04/23/2014
VBosxTestOGL.exe stopped to work while trying to open VirtualBox. I don’t know what this error about memory and is the first error of this kind. Can anyone help me please to solve this error ? What is causing this ?
VBosxTestOGL.exe – Application Error
The instruction at 0x806b58e2 referenced memory at 0x0000000. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program.
The instruction at 0x806b58e2 referenced memory at 0x0000000
Errors related to memory can have a lot of causes, but the most common one is trying to run an application on a computer that doesn't have enough physical memory (RAM). All applications are assigned a certain percentage of RAM during their execution and if that amount isn't enough, they will attempt to access what is known as "protected" memory. When the operating system detects that, it will promptly shut the application down. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Before running VirtualBox, shut down all other programs, such as browsers and word processors.
2. By using the Task Manager, terminate processes which are not essential to the functioning of your computer, such as iTunes, various updaters and so on.
3. Disable your antivirus and/or firewall.
4. Right-click the process shortcut and click the option "Run as administrator"
5. If those steps do not resolve the error, you may need to upgrade your RAM capacity by purchasing additional RAM memory sticks.
If none of the above solutions worked and the error still persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling VirtualBox. If that doesn't help either, you might be looking at a more serious problem, such as corruption of your operating system or damaged hard drive.