N/APosted on - 08/21/2012
I updated my DS212 to DSM 40.2198 and use it as a file server in my home environment.
I’m using the same workgroup name for my PC and DS212. I turned off Avira Premium and system firewalls.
Windows cannot access \ DISKSTATION
Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To
try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.
Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found.
In spite of all that, I am getting a network error message. I tried some stuff, but I still end up with this error. Can someone point out what I might’ve done wrong?
I updated my DS212 to DSM 40.2198
Please follow the direction below to solve the problem:
* Change the security firewall setting or disable the security software that presents on your Windows.
* Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP by the following ways:
1. Go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connection.
2. Right-click on the connection and choose Properties.
3. Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Version 4 from the list.
4. Click Properties and click Advanced.
5. From the Advanced TCP/IP setting windows, go to WINS bat.
6. Under NetBIOS setting, click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP and then click OK.
I think your problem has been solved.