N/APosted on - 02/11/2013
I am facing a problem on my Windows XP. I am encountering with an error 618. It shows some unsupported file or port is not open. I don’t know why this error appears and what are the root causes of this error. I am wondering how to fix error 618 on computer. I want to remove the runtime error. Please tell me step by step method to fix this issue. Waiting for an expert opinion.
I don’t know how to fix error 618 on computer?
Every error no has its own message. Error 618 means the port is not open. You know there are several ports in a PC as USB port, serial port, game port, VGA port, etc. Now how can you understand that what port is not open. Just follow the steps:
1. First check if there is any fax program running or not. If it is running then disable it (you’ve to go to Add/Remove options of control panel. Then select Add/Remove the windows component and disable the fax program). Restart the computer.
2. If the error message still showing then reinstall your modem also. After the modem installation again restart the computer and check again. I think the computer will work fine now and there’ll be no error message.
You can also try these steps :
1. Log on to your computer as an administrator
2. Go to – Accessories – System tools – Click system restore point
3. Select the most recent system restore point and click next
4. At last restart the computer.