N/APosted on - 03/19/2012
I recently downloaded a utility to lock folders. The utility worked through the right click context menu, where you click on the folder and then choose the command “lock it” to password protect and lock the folder. Unfortunately, I deleted the folder and the folders are still locked ad I don’t have any back up.
How to get my folder back from folder lock utility?
Don't worry about your files. I have a solution for this problem. Let us have a look on the solution.
We can retrieve the files by deleting a string value in registry of the windows. For this purpose, follow these steps.
1.Go to Start menu and click on Run. Type regedit and press enter.
2. It will open Registry editor.
3. From the left pane go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software FolderLock6 LastLockerPath
Note: I am taking the example of folder lock 6. There must be some other name of FolderLock when you expand the Software list.
4. Delete the string value of this file.
5. Close your registry and open My computer.
6. Click on Tools button on the upper toolbar and select folder option.
7. In View Tab, select the "Show Hidden Files" and uncheck the option "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"
8. Now open My documents. There you can see a file named as Locker. Open it all your hidden files will be there.
9. Right click on the folder and uncheck the Hidden property and press ok.