N/APosted on - 08/05/2016
My Dell laptop has suddenly got infected with a virus that has corrupted the hard disk. I have some very useful and important files on it that must need to recover. The computer is not turning on, and I can’t take the hard drive to some repair shop. Please suggest some methods on How do I recover data from a failed hard drive?
How Do I Recover Data From A Failed Hard Drive At Home?
Here are some ways to get the lost data from the HDD:
1) Basic methods:
• Replace the cables
• Switch drive pin settings
• Try another PCI controller
• Connect the HDD to another computer and try again.
2) Replace the controller board on your hard drive:
• Find a hard disk drive of the same model.
• Take out the control board from the old drive and replace it with the one on the new hard drive.
• Connect the repaired drive to your computer and try again.
3) Recover the Data using Photorec
• It is a part of Testdisk package.
• It is data recovery software that is designed for recovering of data from the hard drive.
• It only looks for the file header and now is extended to search over 80 types of file extensions.
4) Whack it or Squeeze it
• Sometimes, the part or shell of the hard disk gets loosened or misplaced.
• You can hit hard near the edge of the hard drive to settle the interior parts that may have misplaced.
• You can also hold the HDD tight in case the shell has got loosened.