N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
Is it possible to remove the motherboard of a computer and replace it with a new one? I am asking this because I want a Dell XPS M1530 motherboard replacement, but I am not sure about the probability of success. It would be great if anyone knowledgeable can guide me through this!
How to do the Dell XPS M1530 motherboard replacement?
Yes, you can replace the motherboard of your computer if it is not working properly. To get success, follow these steps carefully:
• Slide the latch and loosen all screws to open the base of the computer.
• Slide the hard drive and memory stick out of the laptop.
• Remove the antenna wires from WLAN, WWAN, and UWB cards and remove the cards from the motherboard.
• Unplug the fan and remove the heat sink.
• Lift the CPU processor out of the computer.
• Remove the wafer and hinge screws. Remove all other screws on the bottom of the laptop.
• Turn over the laptop and lift the power button cover to expose the ribbon.
• Loosen the keyboard screws and lift the keyboard up, and then unplug the ribbon cable.
• Disconnect the Bluetooth, Display, Camera and Antenna wires.
• Remove the hinge screws and lift the display away from the base.
• Turn over the laptop again; unplug the palmrest cable and the cables under the palmrest.
• Detach the Optical Drive and the Speakers.
• Now, remove the remaining screws and gently lift the motherboard from the base.
• Replace it with the new one, and assemble all the parts in the reverse order.