N/APosted on - 05/17/2015
Hi all, Is there way to turn off the Webcam in HP laptop: laptop make (Hp 15-r203TU) purchased from Amazon. Every time it boots, it turns the camera light on for some item and then turns off. What i have observed is, once the webcam light turns on, it will there for 5-10 seconds and goes off automatically. I am worried, if this is because of a virus. It is embarrassing but now i have put a sticker to block the camera. Can anybody help in resolving this issue at the earliest? Thanks to you all in advance
How to disable webcam in hp laptop
It is not due to any viruses but still it may be annoying for you. To disable the light you want to disable the webcam in the device manager. I will guide you how to do it.
1. Go to control panel.
2. Click on hardware and sound.
3. Then click on device manager. (Or simply you can search device manager in Start > Search>”Device Manager”)
4. Expand Imaging Devices and double click on your corresponding webcam entry.
5. On the driver Tab click on Disable.
6. Confirm it if asked. (By doing this you will be disabling the webcam).
So whenever you require webcam you can turn it back on by following the same step except instead of disable you want to “Enable” it.