N/APosted on - 08/25/2016
Hey guys! I have an HDD that has some private and confidential data. It has now stopped working and is worthless. However, I cannot dump it in the garbage in one piece. Please let me know, how to destroy an old hard drive?
How To Destroy An Old Hard Drive Permanently?
If you have an inaccessible HDD that you don’t want to throw away as it is, then use the methods mentioned below to damage the hard drive:
1. Hammering and disposing of the remains.
2. Burning using any one of these: Standard fire, Blow-Torch, Thermite, or Sugar and Saltpeter.
3. Shooting the hard drive by holding a trial by firing squad.
4. Magnetizing using giant, serious magnets.
5. Crushing or melting the HDD.