N/APosted on - 07/08/2014
My PC is heating too much and some suggested me to apply cooling paste on the processor to resolve this issue, so I bought a cooling paste, but I didn’t know how to apply the paste on the processor correctly. Please help me in this little task I shall be very thankful to you.
How to apply cooling paste on processor
Before applying thermal paste on the processor, first make sure that the following conditions are applied:
1. The computer must be turned off and unplugged.
2. The computer case must be put horizontally on a flat surface.
After the previous conditions are met, then you can begin to apply the thermal on the CPU in this order:
1. Unplug the CPU fan from the motherboard, and by using a screwdriver unscrew the CPU fan from the heatsink.
2. Depending on the heatsink, every model has a unique fixing mechanism. In standard/stock models, you must remove the heatsink by using a small screwdriver to unlock the two hinges that are holding the heatsink on the two sides of the processor.
3. Remove the heatsink and the processor will be visible to you. Do not remove the processor or tamper with it.
4. Take the thermal paste and apply a very small amount on the surface of processor (be careful not to put more than 1 pebble on the processor's surface).
5. After you applied the thermal paste, put back the heatsink carefully without moving it too much on the CPU's surface. Be sure to fix it back using it's two hinges the same way you unlocked it.
6. Make sure the heatsink is tight on the CPU.
7. Screw back the fan on the heatsink, plug it back on the motherboard.
8. It is now safe to turn on your computer.