N/APosted on - 01/13/2012
I don’t have an internet connection. What are the steps for Windows vista activation? Whether there same installation setup can be used on another computer? How to change the information about the Owner on Vista?
Activation methods provided by Microsoft in activating a copy of Windows Vista are via the online and via telephone only.
Since you do not have a modem and an Internet connection, you can activate Windows Vista over the telephone by following these steps:
1. Click "Start" and then click "Computer".
2. Click "System Properties" on the toolbar, and the click "CLick here to activate Windows now" in the "Windows activation" area. If prompted with an administration password, type the password and continue.
3. When the Windows Activation starts, click "Use the automated telephone system" in the wizard.
In changing the ownership information of the Windows Vista you are currently using, simply follow the steps below:
1. Click "Start Menu" icon then type "regedit" on the textbox provided, then press "Enter". The "Regedit" program should appear above, then click "Regedit" to open it.
2. The User Account Control screen will pop up. Click "Continue".
3. When the registry is open, navigate to the following key location in the "Tree Navigation Menu", as shown in the image below.
4. Modify the two key entries, which are "RegisteredOrganization" and "RegisteredOwner". Simply double click on each entry and type the desired name. Click "OK" to save changes.
5. Once the above steps are finished, run "WinVer.exe" from the command line to verify if the new ownership has been set. There is no need to reboot your system after these changes.