N/APosted on - 10/13/2016
Music is necessary when you start a video or an audio. But if you can’t hear it your mood can go down. It may be due to old sound drivers. They might need an up gradation. How to troubleshoot problems due to legacy sound drivers for windows xp?
Fix Problem Caused Due To Legacy Sound Drivers For Windows Xp.
Go to http://www.xpdrivers.com/ and click on the download link.
Run the downloaded extension.
Click on Run.
Follow the onscreen instructions.
Click on save when prompted. This will save the installer in your computer.
Click on the icon and press on RUN to start the scan.
Known problems with the sound drivers:
Cannot hear any music.
Sound is played but it stops abruptly.
The sound parts get missed.
When any video or audio is played, computer hangs up.
PC restarts when tried to play any audio.
MIDI output error.
Receive and error regarding the WAV sound playback.
How to troubleshoot the problems?
1) Open start menu and right-click on My Computer.
2) Select Manage.
3) You will be redirected to the computer management window.
4) Go to the device manager and ensure that your sound card and the speakers are installed properly and visible.
5) If not then install the latest version.
6) If it present but with an exclamation mark then you need to reinstall it.
7) To test the sound, open start menu.
8) Go to Control Panel and select Sound.
9) Check if the sound is muted.
10) Ensure your media player is working properly. Use different players or else install the software again.
11) If there are some updates for your Operating System, then carry out the updates.
12) If you feel to repair your computer:
Open start menu and Search for Run.
Type sfc/scannow in the run dialog box.
13) If the above solutions did not work then certainly you have hardware issues.
14) Reinstall the sound card driver.
Go to device manager.
Search for your device and right-click on it.
Follow the onscreen instructions and restart your computer.
Install by going to the official website.
15) Replace the sound card.