N/APosted on - 12/11/2013
I was working with Firefox 25.0.1 which was running well on Ubuntu 13.10, I recently upgraded to Firefox 26.0, since the update, my computer has become very slow, Firefox is consuming 100% of my CPU resources, What could be the problem? how do I solve this?
FireFox slowing computer after update
The Firefox has become slow because it is consuming the CPU resources and plugins.
To resolve this error follow the steps mentioned below:
A) The steps to disable the CPU consuming extensions and themes are as mentioned below:
1) In the Firefox window, Click 'Firefox' button and select 'Add-ons' button
2) In the 'Add-ons Manager' tab, select 'Extensions' panel
3) Select the extensions name from the list
4) Click 'Disable' to disable the extension, repeat the same for other extensions in the list
5) Click 'Restart Firefox'
B) The steps to disable the plugins are as follows:
1) Click 'Firefox' button, Click 'Add-ons' button
2) In the 'Add-ons' tab, select 'Plugins' panel
3) Click on the plugin from the list, Select 'Never Activate' to disable it
4) Repeat for the plugins you want to disable