N/APosted on - 10/25/2013
I am having lots of contacts in Microsoft Exchange, which I need to use in Outlook 2007 through LDAP. So please guide me about, how to export Exchange contacts to LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) address book. I am having lots of addresses to be shifted.
Export Exchange contacts to LDAP
You are willing to use Outlook through LDAP. So here is te configuration technique that wil help you configure your Outlook 2007 with LDAP.
1. First of all, select Tools >> Accounts Settings.
2. Then, press the “Address Books” switch.
3. Next, press the “Next” button.
4. Choose “Internet Directory Service (LDAP)”.
5. Select the “Next” button.
6. On the "Directory Service (LDAP) Settings" window, fill in the following fields:
Server Name: directory.iowa.uiowa.edu
7. Click on “More Settings” button.
8. Click the “OK” button.
9. Press the “Search” tab.
10. In the “Search Base” area, select "Custom" and type: ou=people,dc=metadirectory,dc=iowa,dc=uiowa,dc=edu
11. Click on the “Apply” button.
12. Then, press “OK”.
13. Select “Next” button.
14. Click the Finish button to finalize the process.
NOTE: You will need to Exit Outlook and then restart Microsoft Outlook.