N/APosted on - 02/02/2012
I installed the software that comes with Tumbleweed Desktop Validator Core. When I installed it, vccapi.dll is included in the package. Lately, I have had issues with the corrupt vccapi.dll. I searched on the net and learned that there are possibilities that my computer get infected with a virus. So I performed a full scan but found nothing on my vault. However, the problem remains. How can I fix it? I enclosed a copy of the error I am receiving.
Roland VSC 3.2 Helper Icon
Error with Tumbleweed Desktop Validator Core
The file VSCAPI.DLL should be copied to the Windowssystem32 folder (WINNTsystem32 on Windows 2000) by the VSC installer. Most likely, you have some other software running on your computer that prevented this from happening. You can resolve the problem by doing the following:
1. Uninstall the VSC using the Add/Remove Programs utility.
2. Go to the Start menu and click on Run.
3. Type msconfig and press OK.
4. Choose 'Selective Startup', and uncheck 'Load Startup Items'.
5. Press Apply, then press Close, and reboot the computer.
6. Once the computer has restarted, cancel the System configuration Utility (if it comes up automatically), and install the VSC.
7. After you have installed the VSC, set Windows back to 'Normal Startup' and reboot your computer again.
Note: Windows 2000 doesn't have the system configuration utility so you would need to close programs manually.