N/APosted on - 06/19/2012
I am an Oracle developer and I use TOAD as its sequel developer.
Whenever I try to start TOAD, an error window pops up on the screen.
The screenshot of the error is as under:
The application has encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Invalid data type for "DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS'.
To see what data the error report contains, click here.
What were you doing when the problem happened (optional)?
Why am I getting this error when my application is working perfectly?
Any suggestions regarding this problem are most welcome.
Looking forward to your replies
Error in TOAD (ORACLE developer)
The error message indicates that you have a junky data type for a table named DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS. You created any tables ?
However, you may try performing this solution in order to fix this problem. Please refer the following ways given below
1. First and foremost, please go to Start button on your Windows screen and search for Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel window is opened, double click on System.
3. Next, go to Advance Tab and click on the Environment Variables button.
4. Beneath the System Variables category, select new button.
5. Now, a window will be displayed. Please insert the given data :
Variable name : DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS
Variable value : 1
Later, please click OK on all windows prompted.
6. Finally, relaunch TOAD and you will notice the error is now disappearing.
I hope this little help benefit you.