N/APosted on - 12/28/2014
I have Windows 8.1 and I use Mozilla Firefox for browsing the Internet. I am trying to open a link from CNET and it redirects me to a page that says Error 404: Page not found. I tried opening on another computer and it opened. Is this an issue with my computer only? How can I remove this error?
Error 404 in Mozilla Firefox for a specific link.
To Fix the 404 Not Found Error. Try solutions listed below.
1. Reload the web page by pressing F5, or by pressing ctrl + F5, or type the URL in the address bar again.
2. Check for spelling or any other errors in the URL. Maximum times the 404 not found error appears because the URL is typed with some wrong spelling.
3. Search for the URL by putting at a popular search engine like Google or yahoo. It's very much possible that you have the completely wrong URL .In that case a search engine like Google or yahoo will get you to the correct URL.
4. Clear your browser's cache. It might happen that the site is stored in cache memory.
5. Clear your browser's cookies.