N/APosted on - 01/26/2014
I am trying to install PC Monitor software on my Windows 7 x64 machine. However, I was unable to continue as an error keeps popping up. It says, "Error 1001. InstallUtilLib.dll: Unknown error". I never heard about the Utilib.dll and I don't know how to resolve this. So can someone please help me here? Thanks!
Error 1001 InstallUtilib.dll Unknown Error on PC Monitor Installation
There are users too who reportedly encountered the same issue on their Windows 7 x64 machines. Error 1001 seems to appear not just on PC Monitor installation but also to other installation files. It normally happens when trying to install something and this will appear associated with some error messages such as Unknown Error, Exception Error and more. To resolve this, try any of the following solutions below:
1. Re-download the PC Monitor installation file from the link below:
Download PC Monitor for Windows 64-bit PC
2. Download and install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
3. There are software that comes with InstallShield by default, maybe it has been corrupted. You can also try to update through the link below:
Download Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable
4. Run SFC /SCANNOW to fix the System Files in your PC.
5. Try the Microsoft ORCA to edit the Windows Installer Packages. It can help you on highlighting the specific entries where error started.