N/APosted on - 12/28/2013
I get this error message in Visual Studio 2008 custom installation. I am not aware of where could be the problem? I have a doubt whether the installation is corrupted. How to find the cause of the error? I am beginner, so getting tired easily because of this problem. Help to fix the error.
Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:Windowssystem32Action’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..
Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation
The error is because the syntax of CustomActionData property is incorrectly defined in the MSI.
The steps to resolve this error are as follows:
1) Search the CustomAction syntax defined incorrectly and generate the log file of the msi installation
2) Search for the text 'value3' in the log file
3) Copy the custom action name which returned the value 3
4) Open the MSI editor and search the value as '%CustomAction%SetProperty' in the CustomAction table
5) Select the target column in the row '%CustomAction%SetProperty' in the Windows Installer
6) Check that the above values follow the syntax as /name="[PROPERTYNAME]"
7) After correctly the values, the error will not appear in the window