N/APosted on - 11/19/2012
I heard that Accdb openoffice database is now possible. Question is: how??? I have been waiting for this. Is this only for the 2007 version? I still have the old one but I am wondering if the update affects the older version of MS Office. Let me know!
Change Accdb openoffice database know-how
No it is not possible to fully transfer the Microsoft access file to open office. However you can only reach to your file's tables and views. Process is very simple:
1. You should compose new database file
2. Connect it with your prior database file.
3. Click on drop down list and select MSA in result it will create base frontend to that MSA file
4. For any sort of changes in table new empty file should be created based on HSQL engine.
5. Open both files and grab tables from MSA file and drag it to drop into the new file.
6. File is editable
I am afraid that it will work with only office 2007. So please install the latest version.