Browser does not work but internet status connects
There are many ways to resolve your issue. Let’s start first with the easiest way.
1. If you’re using Google Chrome, try to delete the cookies. Launch your Google Chrome.
2. On the upper right corner of your chrome, just below the “X” button there is a button with 3 horizontal parallel lines. Click it and look for “Settings.”
3. Click the link “Show Advance Settings” link.
4. Click the “Clear Browsing Data” button. Tick the boxes so that you can remove temporary files or data. Click “Clear Browsing Data” button to remove and delete all temporary files.
5. Restart/Re-launch your browser.
We can use alternative way to remove temporary files.
1. Hold/Press “Window” button plus “R” button and hit “Enter” key in your keyboard.
2. Type “temp” in the “Run Dialog Box.”
3. New window will open and all temporary files and folders will show up.
4. Hold “Ctrl” plus “A” to select all temporary files and hold “Shift” plus “Delete” button to completely erase all temporary files.
You can also replenish the internet connection by turning off and on your Lan card or WiFi connector.
1. Right click in your My Computer/Computer.
2. Select “Manage” and the Computer Manager window will open.
3. Select “Device Manager” from the list left side of your window.
4. Select the adapters in the main screen of the window.
5. Right-click on the adapters. Select “Disable” and after few seconds select “Enable.” It might take few seconds to reconnect in your modem or router.