N/APosted on - 03/07/2013
When I try to install the product “Autodesk Building Design Premium 2012” I get an error message like the given info in the screenshot. It’s troubling me a lot. What is the solution?
“Autodesk Building Design Premium 2012
Could not open Key: UNKNOWNComponentsE44FA6F2A15778B28FE2F90A609DADDE2
A4B643700211130409007C5D0680240.Verify that you have
sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."
Autodesk installation error: Could not open Key
This error is coming because you don’t have the permission to access this registry entry.
To solve this you need to change the permissions of the folder in the Registry:
1. First go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInstallerUserDataS-1-5-18Components registry entry.
2. Right Click on Components select permissions.
3. Click Advanced button.
4. Select the Owner Tab
5. Under Change owner to: Select Administrators (Group) and Click Apply.
6. Then Select Checkbox Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and Click Apply
7. Go to the Permissions tab, select the Checkbox: Replace all child objects Permissions with inheritable permissions from this object and Click apply.