N/APosted on - 08/01/2014
This is the error when I want to install some adds for Microsoft Server 2012 and I have to close the install wizard. Is there a solution for this ? Why I cannot make the proper install ?
Thank you !
Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
The source files could not be found. Try installing the roles, role services, or features again in a new Add Roles and Features Wizard session, and on the Confirmation page of the wizard, click "Specify an alternate source path" to specify a valid location of the source files that are required for the installation. The location must be accessible by the computer account of the destination server.
Add Roles and Features Wizard error with destination server
Method 1: Check the internet connection
Try to connect to the Microsoft Update website.
1. Go to the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Search, > group policy, > Settings, > Edit group policy.
3. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System.
4. Open the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair > Enabled.
Example of a shared folder path: \server_nameshareWin8sxs
Example of a WIM file path: WIM:\server_nameshareinstall.wim:3
5. Tick Contact Windows Update directly to download repair content instead of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) check box.
7. Type in command prompt :
Method 3: Insert the Windows installation disk.
following command at command prompt
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<drive>:sourcessxs /LimitAccess
( the drive is your cd/dvd drive letter. For example D: )