What purpose does Goal Seek Solve?
It is related to find out the result of a formula would be if only one variable is to be changed in Ms excel. When we know the desired result of a single formula but not the input value the formula needs to determine the result, we can use the Goal Seek feature.
Ms excel varies the value in one specific cell until a formula that's dependent on the cell returns the result we want.
FINDING VALUE USING GOAL SEEK
- Select the cell,having formula,having value to be edited.
- Choose Alt+TG
- Click in To Value text box, and type in the new value
- Click the By changing cell box, and type cell address of cell whose relative value is to be changed.
- click OK.
- Goal Seek Status dialog box appears, giving the result
- Click on Ok to change the value and cancel to ignore the result.