N/APosted on - 07/08/2014
I am using Bitdefender antivirus on my window 7 system, but I have been in great trouble as whenever I connect any pen drive to my computer, the virus in creates shortcut of files present in it. I completed scanned my system twice with Bitdefender Antivirus and SuperAntiSpyware but all in vain.
Please suggest me a possible solution.
Virus issue in window 7, Creates shortcut of files in pen drive
The respective virus is known for creating such problems. The fact is the entire system is bugged and cannot be saved just by using the antivirus to clean. The virus masks itself as a Windows process and keeps itself hidden from any security scan.
It's main objective is to create shortcuts of any file present on the USB stick. It's pretty much harmless because it still allows you to browse and use the files present on the USB stick, but it is unpleasant to not being able to delete the shortcuts.
I have a solution for this type of problem, and it's also the only available for such a virus:
1. Insert the USB stick into the computer.
2. Do not open the USB drive, leave it as it is.
3. Open up Windows Explorer and right click on the USB drive icon on the left side of the window.
4. A new menu will appear in which you must select the "Format" option.
5. A small window will appear. From that do not modify anything and make sure the "Quick Format" option is unchecked.
6. Press the OK button and the formatting process will begin. Wait until it is done.
7. After that, you can now use your USB stick normally, with the virus being destroyed in the formatting process.