N/APosted on - 10/30/2017
I am having a problem in creating SSL certificate. What are the steps to be followed to create SSL certificate in IIS 7? Please reply asap.
Steps Required To Create SSl Certificate In IIS 7
The procedure for creating an SSL certificate is quite complex. Please follow the steps methodically.
- Click onStart.
- Select administrative tools
- Then start theInternet Services Manager.
- Click on Server Name.
- Amidst the available center menu, double-click the “Server Certificates”option in the “Security” menu.
- Select Actionmenu, then on “Create Certificate Request.”
- On reaching the “Distinguished Name properties”window, you need to enter the required information for the SSL certificate.
- Enter valid filename and location to save the This CSR will be needed to enroll for your IIS SSL Certificate.
- Click onFinish.
- The new CSR is now present within the .txt file.
- While making your application, make sure to include the entire CSR into the appropriate part of the enrollment form.
- Click Next
- Confirm your details in the enrollment form
For saving the private key:
- Go to: Certificatesoption in the MMC
- Click on Requests
- Click onall tasks
- Click onExport
The user should make a note of the password and backup key for future reference