N/APosted on - 05/29/2020
Hello, I have been using Outlook for quite a long time now but got to know about the email encryption recently by my Organization and they want me to encrypt the emails I sent. I have no idea about it so please if anyone could tell me how to encrypt my Outlook emails.
Steps regarding Outlook email encryption 2010
Hey, it is necessary to encrypt your emails nowadays and it is pretty easy to do that. Here are the steps of how you could do that:
- Go to the Files tab and click Options, then click Trust Center.
- Click on Trust Center Settings.
- Go to the Email Security tab, click Get a Digital ID
So now follow the steps to get a Digital ID because it is necessary to have
One to encrypt your email and if you have one already share the ID with the
Person you intend to send the email.
Set Outlook to encrypt the message:
- Open the Security Properties window
- Select ‘Encrypt message contents and attachments’ tick box. Click OK and send your message.
Now you have enabled email encryption on MS Outlook, and remember that you need to use the same encryption method
on the person you sending the email to. I hope it helps.