N/APosted on - 06/08/2020
Hello, I want to set up the terminal server for windows 7.
Is it possible to set up the terminal server? If yes, please help me in setting up the terminal server.
Steps for setting up the Terminal server for windows 7?
Hey, you can set up the terminal server for windows seven by following the below steps:
- On your computer install windows server 2008 R2.
- Turn on the program features of the terminal server follow the below steps to enable it,
- Open Control panel, next go to Programs and features, then go to Turn Windows feature on and off -> select Roles -> Add roles -> follow the steps and install the terminal server role.
- Terminal server licensing and installation, follow the below steps:
- Start -> administrative tools -> server manager.
- Expand roles -> terminal services -> add role services -> click on Terminal Server Licensing checkbox -> specify the location for Terminal server database -> licensing role can be installed on your PC.
- The terminal services license server should be activated. It can be activated from the Microsoft website. Activation can be done through the internet or telephone also.
- Using the Terminal server licensing tool, you can install the Terminal server client access license.
After this, you can run a virtual PC over the Internet, and users can also establish a VPN connection.