Need to know the current top CMS software along with its version
Top 3 Content Management Systems by global popularity are:
Core modules of WordPress:
Blog – Below are some of blog features:
– Categories – Provides organizations of posts into categories
– Moderation – It helps the webmaster to present control and give approval of content before showing.
– Notification – It helps to supply an email notification with any post whatever with the post happened. It gives notifications whenever anyone has posted any comment, likes, votes etc.
– Password protection – This feature helps the contents to be kept protected with a password.
– Permalinks – It helps to produce a permanent search engine friendly (SEF) URL's easily.
– Post in the future – With this feature, you can write a blog and can post it automatically in the future.
– Multi paged posts – This feature helps to split the content down into several pages for ease of reading of the reader.
– Emotions – It converts the alphabets into graphical image counterparts
– Save Drafts – With this feature, you can save blogs as drafts for future editing and publishing so that you can easily edit them next time.
– Blog by email – This feature will help you to finish the posts like an email and allow them to appear on the blog
– Formatting – This feature is for advanced users. This helps advanced text formatting
– Blog roll – This option is to create links to frequently reading blogs
Templates – It helps to choose a different kind of themes and change the site design template
Modules – This allows to install third party programs or functionalities
Multiple-user – It helps to use multi-level permission user content creation and editing
Profile – This option is to the user profile management so that the user can maintain his profile.
Pages – It helps to add or edit text, image, and other media content
News Feed – Provides syndicated content (RSS, RDF, and Atom feeds)
Search – This feature supplies site-wide keyword searching
Translation – Gives the utility of translating the web page content into different languages for reading ease.
Core modules of Drupal:
Templates – It helps to change the site template according to your wish.
Modules – It installs third party programs or functionalities if you want.
Multiple-user –This feature is for permitting users in the section of different layer to create and edit their own content.
Multiple-level menu system – This option is to add main menus as well as sub-menus
Multiple-site support – It helps to manage multiple sites easily.
Pages – Just as like as Wordpress.
Blog – It endows with you the full blog functionality
Contact Form – This feature gives the user of using both personal and site-wide contact forms
Forum – Whenever any fell any problem, he can discuss it in a forum. With this feature, you will be given threaded discussions Forum
Polls – This feature helps to afford the capacities to capture votes on different topics in the form of multiple choice questions
Search – It gives site-wide keyword searching to find out anything quite easily.
Upload – With this feature, the webmaster can control users to upload and attach files to content
Statistics – With this feature, you can see site’s status.
Taxonomy –You will be given the categorization of content of your website.
News Feed – This feature gives you to get syndicated content updates (RSS, RDF, and Atom feeds) in your mail.
Comment and Tracker – It helps to control users to post comments and discuss published content and tracking of recent posts to keep the privacy safe.
Book – It gives the site owner of the capability for controlling users to structure site pages in a pecking order
Content translation – Gives the chance of translating content in another language (This utility is a defective translation section so using Google Translator is the best way)
Ping – Alert other sites when the site has been updated
Profile – User profile management
Throttle – Provides auto-throttling mechanism, to control site congestion
Trigger – Provides the capability for taking actions to be created on definite incidents, for instance, when a new post is made, any observation is posted etc.
OpenID –Helps the users to log into the site using any OpenID
Core modules of Joomla:
Templates – Helps to change the site design using any template
Modules – This option helps to install third party programs or functionalities to increase its function.
Multiple-user – With this option, you can control users in the section of multi-level permission to create and edit content easily.
Multiple-level menu system – Just as like as others mentioned above.
Pages – As like as before.
Polls – This is just as alike before. Nothing is new in this.
Search – Helps visitor to search in the certain website to find out the desired content easily.
Article – Provides the capabilities to create and archive articles
News Feed – It helps to give syndicated content (RSS, RDF, and Atom feeds) in the subscribers’ mails.
Banner – Helps to show banner advertising comfortably.
Contacts – Provides contact management capabilities
Web links – Provides management controls for controlling Web Links